OT Loss of Patience

The other day I got an email (quoted below). And I have been anxiously checking my inbox and letterbox ever since! I had intended posting here when I got the shortlist and asking for your opinions. But, as that has not arrived, I can't wait any longer. So - given this list, which would you choose?

TravelPilot Lucca 3.5 Edition Exxcel Dishwasher Logixx Washing Machine Rotak37-Ll cordless Lawnmower money towards an Easy Series Home Security System Professional Hammer Drill (picture shows new 36V GSB or GSR Li model) Bosch Car Service Vouchers DIY multi-function Powertool

(I *know* it will end up as money towards a security system I don't want

- and would have to pay lots of additional money to get installed. If we didn't have a lawn it would be the lawnmower. Or maybe some multipurpose drills, if I am really lucky? :-( )

"Thank you for entering the Bosch All Around You Prize Draw. I am contacting you on behalf of Bosch and I am pleased to tell you that you are a winner.

Bosch will contact you soon in regards to your prize. Prizes include a TravelPilot Lucca 3.5 Edition, an Exxcel Dishwasher, a Logixx Washing Machine, a Rotak37-Ll cordless Lawnmower, money towards an Easy Series Home Security System, a Professional Hammer Drill, Bosch Car Service Vouchers and a DIY multi-function Powertool."

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying something like:

"It's a scam, it's always a scam"

Or promo, which is the same thing in this case.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I know a scam is a possibility - but it did come from a sensible source, and that list is much as it appears on the Bosch site and I did enter the draw in the right month... :-)

OK - promo - of course it is. And the ones who don't win are, well, they don't win - so any time spent entering is wasted - but still benefits the company. But, with a bit of luck, I might get *something* out of them.

Reply to
Rod

Well, at least the list doesn't include a holiday in Florida... Then you'd know it was a scam ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying something like:

Oh yes, there are some people in the country who will get a drill or barbeque or whatever else, but only one of each will go out. The rest - thousands; will 'win' money off their holiday /timeshare /whatever.

I despise these grubby bastards and their shoddy methods.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

No, not a scam at all! £500 (approx.) washing machine on its way sometime soon... :-)

Reply to
Rod

saying

You have to enter it to win it. You entered the draw and you won. Well done.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Nice work!

Enjoy :-)

Reply to
PeterMcC

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying something like:

Good grief. Well done.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon