OT looking for a new clock?

These are, IMHO, great...
(in case you don't have time, they are all Flash animated clocks)
http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/storage/monocrafts_ver3/03/index.html http://entries.the5k.org/1313/3dc.html http://www.andre-michelle.com/studies/cable_clock.htm http://download.consumptionjunction.com/multimedia/cj_15948.swf http://yugop.com/ver3/stuff/29/bclock.html
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Abdullah Eyles) wrote:

Yes I am and have been for some time. The requirements are that it be radio-controlled (from the Rugby NPL signal), it have a digital display with active numerals (ie not LCD but LED or similar so I can read it in the dark) and that the digits be at least 6cm high. Maplin have an LCD one on sale at <GBP>12 but unfortunately, it's LCD and also very ugly.
I'm also looking for a digital LED display zone clock with say 5 zones. There are some around but they are bespoke and horrendously expensive - over <GBP>400.

How about a low-end colour-display Palm or iPaq, maybe 2nd-user from eBay, sitting permanently in its cradle, set to "stay on when in cradle", sync'ing every so often to a PeeCee or similar which in turn runs NTP to have a reliable world-agreed time? You'll have the backlight to give you the active illumination, and a huge variety of free or nearly-so software clocks to play with, and the sync. Less fun than a "proper" build-yr-own project, and making the serial or USB cradle lead long enough to connect up to the PC could be a PITA, but it'd look suitable geeky ;-)
Stefek
On 7 Jan 2004 13:31:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hp.com wrote:

Wireless card in the back?
There's an option for the IPAQ........
I'm pretty sure there's an NTP client for CE as well.....
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 12:17:52 +0000, 666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet[dot]co[dot]uk (Simon Gardner) wrote:

This any good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#71131199
Gareth

No. I very much doubt it will synchronise with the Rugby signal - it being American and all.