OT: LOL: Only in Sri Lanka...

I don't think the BBC have mentioned it here, except on the World Service, but Sri Lanka now has a new President, thanks to the previous incumbent's own personal astrologer of 32 years telling him it was time to call an election...

The choicest quote is:

"In this case, the opponent's horoscope is more powerful than that of Our Sir."

LOL!

Reply to
Jaffna Dog

Remember Ronald Reagan?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Yes, well if the success or otherwise of politicians over there is similar to ours, horoscopes are probably just as good as anything.

Politicians suffer from the delusion that they are actually in control of a country. at best they seem to only be able to affect when crisis happen, not stop them, and often seem to be a bit like boats with no rudder. they can move t but the direction is often not known. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I actually have a soft spot for Ronnie. He had a great sense of humour about most things, something that seems to be not trendy any more. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes. I think all the lead acetate in his Grecian 2000 made him go loopy.

Reply to
Tim Watts

He was also happy to go to sleep during boring meetings. Good for him!

Reply to
Davey