OT LFB warn people to start using "common sense"

Mate of mine was doing some AV work at a big NHS conference once - one of the powerpoints highlighted that at the time the number one cause of penile shaft injury was the Dustbuster... apparently there is a rotating fan blade not far back from the entrance!

Reply to
John Rumm

I suppose that living in Dodworth with Silverwood as my childhood playground I know it a little better than you:-). Not to mention camping there with the cubs/scouts/ventures at least twice a year.

Other than a passing reference to it being a camp did you find anything of detail on line? I have not seen anything.

Reply to
ARW

How about these?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Thank you. One of those links is new to me (the 2nd one).

And I know that I can email you but I would like to keep this open. If you have not read "Barnsley Pals" by Jon Cooksey then I recommend that you do.

Cheers

Reply to
ARW

Are you one of the characters in it?

Reply to
Adam Funk

There is a good chance that I did not take part in WW1.

Reply to
ARW

Ouch! The quest for more powerful sensations, I suppose :-)

Reply to
Windmill

PowerPoint? The recorded injuries probably happened the best part of 30 years ago. I suppose they did end up getting talked about for quite a few more years. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Well quite possibly... The conference in question was about 15 years ago anyway IIRC (so it may have even been a conventional slide!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Oh, I could've looked the book up before writing that. But you're still a character, even if not in the book.

Reply to
Adam Funk

"In 2010/11 crews attended 416 incidents, rising to 441 in 2011/12 and 453 in 2012/13. A total of 307 people were injured as a result."

Injured as a result?

As in "You called a fire crew out for that?? Now don't waste our time again." ?

Then again, the Mirror may not be noted for good use of English.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts