OT:Leccy stats from UPS ...

ah, what it is to have a new toy (well in this case an old toy you've bothered to get working properly ;) ).

Finally got round to enabling logging on my UPS ... here's the first 24 hours data ...

Volts: MAX 252.4 (11/6/2013 04:47:15)/ MIN 234.3 (10/6/2013 18:32:15) Freq: MAX 50.1 / MIN 49.7

I really need to get out more ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Possibly true.

On the other hand you might enjoy this site:-

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

That's a bit close to the maximum allowable of 253 V. I'd keep an eye on that and report it if you are consistently above 250 V for a say a few hours. If you have any filament lamps their life will be significantly shorter than it should be.

And you drop that far as well. Are those just spikes or is the average over say 5 mins also just as hi/lo?

I've got logging running here recording at 5 minute intervals. The biggest voltage swing is when the E7 timeswitch clunks on in winter and the best part of 12 kW is drawn. But that only makes a 10 V (ish) change. The normal range here is 245 to 235 V with most time being spent just over 240 V.

I can also tell when the local main substation is on the 11 kV backup feed rather than the main 33 kV one as the volts wang about all over the shop and has step changes as the regulator changes taps.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What you need is a Voltage Optimiser, my good man. Only 300 of your funny pounds.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Don't forget that expensive power-saving mains cable to feed it.

Reply to
Davey