(OT) Leather Upholstery

I need a couple of replacement leather cushions for a Chesterfield settee. Any ideas about sources for having a couple made?

Reply to
John

Do it yourself?

Leather stockholders have every grade of lether you can think of, in a frightening range of colours.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Not Thomas Lloyd, by any chance? I'm told their replacements are v expensive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Sounds like a job for kitcar TIM. :-)

I had a firm from our local free newspaper give me a quote for a similar job. I also enquired about the cost of leather from a firm in Yellow Pages. The local firm did the job cheaper than the supplier wanted for the leather alone. Worth a phone call?

Alice

Reply to
aliceNOTking27

The suite was made by a small local supplier - alas no longer in business. The suite is good - but the cushions have suffered.

Reply to
John

What do these places tend to get called? I'd like a couple of panels replaced on the old Rover - the leather has split.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Upholsterers.

I can recommend two places in Bedford and one in Shefford, if anyone's interested.

Reply to
Huge