OT - Leather suite near radiator.

I've just bought a rather expensive leather suite. Because of the nature of the house the settee has to back up to the CH radiator. To my horror the instructions say it shouldn't be nearer than 40 cms to a source of heat - although the delivery man said 4 inches.

Has anyone dealt with this problem - by, say, enclosing the radiator?

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

I haven't dealt with it but ours has been about 10cm from a rad now for about a year with no obvious problems.

Reply to
R D S

Anout 15 years for mine. Only fed it once. Arm of Chesterfield is about 15Cm away.

Reply to
John

Our leather suite was £2,500 from DFS so whether it's in the same class as yours I don't know. What I can say though is that the side of the couch has been just 4 inches/10cm from the radiator for 5 years and shows no problems whatsoever.

Fred

Reply to
Fred

Yes, it's roughly the same class. I'm reassured by what you and the other responders say.

Thanks all.

Reply to
Another Dave

Turn the rad off - it will be bloody useless behind the sofa!!!!

SalesGuy

Reply to
salesguy