OT: Lead theft

We're further than 2.5 miles. 61dB. and 2.3 megs, which is unusually good for us :(

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Champ saying something like:

I'm 3.5 miles and 46dB, so it's not too bad, I suppose. This was an ISDN line beforehand and the engineer jimmy assured me it would pass muster. I don't suppose ADSL2 will get here any time soon, literally.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

33dB, 6.9 dB S/N, 18.6M on ADSL2+. I can see the exchange but the cables don't follow crows.

I expect ADSL2+ would give you about 30% more speed assuming the S/N ratio is OK. The attenuation is not as important as the S/N ratio.

Reply to
dennis

In article , Grimly Curmudgeon scribeth thus

Bloody hell Grimly just where do you live?, an Island somewhere;?...

Reply to
tony sayer

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer saying something like:

The big one, off to the left.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

ADSL2+ has been rolled out in some exchanges here, but in urban areas. I thought ADSL2+ petered out more quickly with distance, am I wrong in that? Whatever; the standard supplied router (Moto Netopia) is a bit of junk, so I'm replacing it with a Netgear DG834G or PN in the hope that the figures for at least reliability might improve, if nothing else.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In article , Grimly Curmudgeon scribeth thus

Bejesus;!...

Reply to
tony sayer