OT: Lawn crane fly infestation

If you've seen this mail before I apologise, but I did not think it had made it and have sent it again.

Can anyone help. I think my lawn has been badly affected by crane flies/leather jackets - dead patches look like someone with studded boots has walked over them. All the garden centres say they are no longer allowed to sell the chemicals once used to bump off these pests, there's nowt to be done. Can anyone help, they're ruining my lawn and I care.

Reply to
Philip Wagstaff