OT: Laptop memory upgrade

DIY in as much as it'll be me doing it. Anyway, I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 laptop and am collecting the new memory for it tomorrow, I've had a shufty at the manual in the hopes of finding out which screws to take out to get access to the relevant bit and it refers me to chapter 8. The manual stops at chapter 6. Nice. So, to cut a long story short, does anyone know which ones have to come out, or know of a good online resource for finding out as the only manual sites I can find, with some degree of irony, either lock up or "can't be found" and the Toshiba site keeps everything a very closely guarded secret. The only computer groups I can find are very low usage so I think my beard will have covered my toes by the time I got any answers....and I'm a woman.

Reply to
Lino expert

dennis

you tell me where you found it on the site please? I tried the download/manual section but the model wasn't listed.

Reply to
Lino expert

Last few tosh laptops I've upgraded it was fairly obvious when looking at the bottom of the machine what to undo.

They usually have a couple of panels that are held on with screws - I think the larger one is the memory slot(s) but I could be wrong. No harm if you undo the wrong one - it just covers the graphics card.

Tosh laptops often need a bit or persuasion though - if when you remove the screws the cover still won't shift you might need to prise it up with something

*very* carefully...

HTH

Darren

Reply to
dmc

I download a manual from that site using the link below with no problems;

if you have 'wrap' problems, use:
brought up the full PDF manual - including chapter 8

NOTE: There is a A120 (PSAC0) or A120 (PSAC1)

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

That's got it, top stuff, thanks very much. Stand back, I'm going in...

Reply to
Lino expert

Couldn't spot your precise model, but see if you can find a close match here:

Gotde T Shirt