(OT) Killer application

According to reports it fires .22 rounds and it appears to have single use short barrels with thick walls. The bullet should have left the barrel before there is any serious build up of pressure. However, that means that, like any very short barrel gun, from SS belt buckle guns to mobile phone guns, they are unlikely to be effective except at very close range.

The designers are American. They assume anybody can get hold of bullets in their local corner shop.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In the 1960s and 1970s, it was going to be the Gyrojet pistol that was would be the weapon of choice for hijackers.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

The plastic one. HTH.

Reply to
John Williamson

writes

Possibly when you download the file or talk about it with others as that could be conspiracy to commit a crime, which is a crime in its own right.

Reply to
dennis

That would not make the gun illegal because a conspiracy can (and arguably would) occur without any manufacturing process and the question was "at what stage in the manufacturing process would it become illegal?"

Such conspiracy as you suggest may not apply to anyone who could otherwise be implicated in such a conspiracy if such persons are outwith the legal system in which the gun is being manufactured. And you'd probably find that actual manufacture would attract a higher sentence than conspiracy.

Reply to
polygonum

OOH I have made a plastic gun I must see if I can get it on a plane.

Reply to
F Murtz

Thank goodness for the 3D flap jacket!!

Reply to
RayL12

"dennis@home" posted

I went to a car boot sale on Sunday and bought a 1980 book called something like "Shooting for Sport and Pleasure". The first two chapters are detailed instructions on how to manufacture your own real live gun. I half expected to be pounced on by Special Branch as I walked out the school gates with it ...

Reply to
Big Les Wade

My thought was close range and single-shot, so you'd *really* better not miss or you'll become your target's target, but it's inaccurate so you need to be really close to your target. Why not just use a knife?

Reply to
GB

I presume it would still work as an effective threat from beyond knife range even if accuracy was a bit dodgy.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Did you not see mythbusters when they did knife vs gun..

It appears that a man with a knife will be able to kill the man with a gun if they are closer than about 25 feet as it takes too long to draw, aim and fire. That doesn't involve throwing the knife.

Reply to
dennis

I wonder why they didn't include taking and the knife and holding it ready in the comparision, the 'test' seems a little one sided to me.

Reply to
whisky-dave

And did they include someone who hadn't practiced with a knife versus some who hadn't practiced with a gun? Most folk couldn't hit a barn door at that distance with a knife, and certainly not point first with any degree of certainty.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Sounds ideal for suicide.