[OT] Just Park

HI,

Anybody used this company/service?

It's an online car parking space booking service, private individuals/companies with car parking spaces register with Just Park and offer those spaces. Punters can then pre-book (and pay) for a space in advance and know that the booked space will be avialable.

The FAQ and quickish read of the T&C's all seem reasonable. Any gotcha's?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

To find parking? I haven't used them, but I used visitorparking.co.uk in July this year for a trip to London. Cost £12.88 for full day at this location SE1 7EL.

When booking, the site will direct you to the congestion charge site if needed. I will definitely use them again as the location was in a secure car park with attendant.

Reply to
Richard

Sounds like a useful service. I assume it's mainly things like a private driveway in front of a house? Have heard that during Wimbledon fortnight, local residents can make a fortune. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One wonders what HMRCs take is ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

On what?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Nil, hopefully.

And what has that to do with the user? It's not my problem if you don't pay your taxes.

Reply to
Huge

No, HMRC get the VAT on the service charge element of the amount you pay.

I guess there is some wrangle about the rest as that is a "license fee" or similar rather than charge for "goods and services".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's not unknown for Wimbledon residents to go away on a very nice holiday at that time of the year paid for by letting out their house...

Yes, this appears to be aimed at anyone with a car parking space they are willing to let others uses, from private individuals and drives to hotels or other companies with spare spaces in their car park.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Central London only that one, I'm looking at Newcastle...

Thought I'd investigate if the two companies are linked somehow (often apparently different websites are just a diffeernt web face to the same parent/database/backend).

Couldn't find anything on the visitorparking site that should, by law, be there. Like Co. Registered Address, Co. Registration Number, etc. Even the T&C's don't define who they are.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If the supplier of that service is VAT registered

But it is "income" for the owner of the parking space and should be declared as such

Reply to
charles

same applies in Edinburgh during the Festival(s).

Reply to
charles

Just Park are.

Ah, not my problem as a user of the service. B-) An "Owner" would have to ask HMRC, JustPark only say that all relavant tax stuff is not their problem, likewise for any approvals. planning, change of use, etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That doesn't mean there isn't tax to pay

HMG specifically kyboshed that one

tim

Reply to
tim.....

You could buy Newcastle for the day for £12.88.

Reply to
ARW

What else can I get with the 62p change I must have got from the £13.50 I paid for a days parking at The Baltic the other week. It's avoidance of that sort of cost over four more days coming up that prompted the orginal search and discovery of Just Park.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And its not unknown for HMRC to go round estate agents looking at houses to rent during that period - I discovered this actually in relation to the Open Golf at Birkdale many years ago.

Reply to
bert