OT: Just Curious

As part of the ongoing replacement of gas mains hereabouts they mark out the routes of utilities into houses and I noticed the leccy is marked in red 'L.V' (obviously 240V), but some are marked 'L.V H.C'. What does the H.C stand for? Hidden cable? High Capacity? Housewife Comely ;) ? Anyone know?

Reply to
The Other John

Two links for you

And I have 11kV cables running down the side of my house:-)

Cheers

Reply to
ARW

Thanks for those but they didn't have 'H.C', only 'MHC' for manhole cover. The ones I've seen definitely only have 'H.C', perhaps in these PC times they omit the man! I'll have a Google for it.

Reply to
The Other John

Looks like fun especially for someone with a malicious bent and a spray can. :)

Reply to
F Murtz

I thought it was high capacity, ie bigger ones, but that may well just be rubbish I've been told cos nobody knows. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Don't forget the high visibility jacket. Nobody is likely to question you spraying paint all over the pavement when wearing one of those, especially if you have a hard hat on in a perfectly flat environment.

Reply to
Nightjar