OT; Jimmy Saville

This dates from 25 years ago.

The Medway Handyman

to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a flat cap and not much else.

Reply to
Phil L

Same here.

But I fell across this:

polygonum

Don't work too well with Firefox. Get a grip ...

Reply to
Mr Pounder

That's because the link given was for mobile phones, try this

Andy Burns

(FF on Linux.)

Reply to
Huge

Click the arrow bottom left. Works in Chrome.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Try this version:

mike

want's me to install Flash, no way. FF on Linux

Reply to
djc

Works OK for me. FF on FreeBSD, with Flash running in the Linuxulator!

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's from Jerry Sadowitz's 1987 LP "Gobshite" which was withdrawn for fear that it libelled Jimmy Savile. Worth listening to.

In the meantime:

._SL500_.jpg

Reply to
mike

Flash works OK on Linux..

Dead easy to remove or disable, as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Works OK on Google Chrome

Reply to
harry

I know, I have a sacrificial laptop with ubuntu and all the multimedia trimmings for occasions when I really must use it. But for my proper work machines I can do without. I spend more time that I should doing useless things online as it is.

Reply to
djc

Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to stick up for himself. I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Knowing someone who was abused, her ability to cope with a) the abuse itself; b) knowing that because the perp was highly respected, she would not be believed; c) lack of any evidence other than her word against his; d) the circumstances which would have had dreadful impact in many directions; she did not speak up at the time.

And it is quite possible she would never have said anything. But eventually she did.

That is entirely understandable in my book. And results in the possibility, even the likelihood, of multiple offences before anyone does break ranks.

Reply to
polygonum

The link I posted was from 25 years ago.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

For sure my GF in 1973 was griped by Jimmy and propositioned. She told me. But really her word against the Great Jimmy? I think that its just the way it was.

Sleeping with the boss to get on is hardly new, nor is a bit of unwelcome groping in the workplace. In those days if your boss came on to you you were expected to sleep with her weren't you?

I dunno why its all become a media storm. Probably as you say because the old perve is dead and now it is a media storm there's a chance to get a bit of compensation for having the dopey old bastard shove his member up you in 1974

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well you can start by pulverising his headstone. You can give all those children who were abused a voice now (and potentially some "closure").

Tim+

No arrow to click. FF is not supported.

Reply to
Mr Pounder