OT; It's been a funny old day....

I would have expected a general assistant (i.e. not say someone working in the meat dept), to have heard of condensed milk and know what it is. It's hardly an obscure product.

I knew what the management wanted it for. Otherwise, see above.

See above.

No. Try harder next time why don't you. Alternatively, you could go and dance a hornpipe.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Nope - it's still in force.

From inside your car, open the Shell Motorist app and select ?Fill Up & Go? Tap the Fill Up & Go yellow bar Stay in your car and scan the QR code displayed at the pump or key in the p ump code When the app displays the message ?Start fuelling now? you ?re ready to fill up your tank (don?t forget to leave your phone in the car)

Simon Mason

Why did you not know that???

Reply to
critcher

The stuff for making puddings/desserts is in a different place from the stuff for home baking. None are anywhere near the bananas if you're making banoffee pie.

I had similar problems once finding treacle.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Anyhing used in food preparation is an obscure product these days. IN my local supermarket the area devoted to 'making and baking' is tiny compared to e.g. te area where crisps and snacks are,. or indeed the area where pre-made sweets and desserts are.

How naive....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not know what?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Surely it will be automatically ordered by the computerised stock control system when the current stock level drops below eight :-)

Reply to
Andrew May

Easy to do. I bought a pair of size 9 shoes. At least the box said size

  1. Got home and found that the shoes in the box were size 10. Returned them. Assistant insisted on checking back in one pair of size 10 and checking out a pair of size 9. Stock system now one pair of size 9 down and one pair of size 10 up.
Reply to
Andrew May

Or "C" for "Closed cup" ?

I have suggested to database manufacturers that they could improve searching if they had a way to get "Mus" to match anywhere in the text, not just the beginning ....

Oh, hang on, that's how they work. Maybe Morrisons used "value" coders on the cheap, rather than paying for proper code ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It used to be that way, until GBBO. Now vast areas of (Sainsburys) are littered with the shit.

Nothing actually practical, or useful. But it *is* colour co-ordinated.

For anything remotely "niche" the first stop is Amazon, followed by eBay.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I know Mythbusters busted it a while back ... total bollox nowadays (may have been true in the past).

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Might be useful at the paralympics.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Mythbusters didn't test for the real reason mobiles are banned.

I suspect the biggest danger if from dropping your phone and the battery subsequently blowing up and taking the fuel with it. Some phones don't even need dropping!

Reply to
dennis

There are quite a lot of people who need one shoe, or a mismatched size pair.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

So what I need to do is buy three non-existent lengths and then take them back for a refund next week, then I can buy an existent length.

On second thoughts I'll just go to screwfix...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I remember BP banning my led bike lights from their site due to their AA cells, but then they let in 1000 car keys and mobiles.

I took them to an independent tribunal and after a month they gave me a signed bit of paper to allow me to bring them in.

I told them the biggest source of ignition were idling Diesel engines and sure enough in '05 one blew up our Texas City refinery.

Reply to
Simon Mason

I heard the real reason was because of the way the pumps calculated how muc h petrol was pumped in that case the amount owing could be altered by the o lder type mobile phones that had a higher signal output rather than explosi ons. They have/had simialar concerns wuth aircraft although that was apparently more to do with the wiring picking up extransious mobile signals which agia n just wouldn;t happen with phones from this milenium.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'll stand up and say I have more than the average number of legs.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Having more than the average number of legs certainly helps with standing up.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yeah but not usually in one convient place all together at the same time, it'd be worth having a stall.

Reply to
whisky-dave