OT ish. Wodja Fink

Hi Chaps

Getting my new (to me) Renault Kangoo on Saturday and will be having it sign written ASAP.

the panel prefer the top or bottom style of logo?

Any comments appreciated................ well most comments appreciated :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Too cluttered, people want a name and a number - these have to be the most prominent, not tucked away in a corner, although the mobile is not as imperative as the landline. It goes like this, you are working at no 51, those at no 48 directly opposite don't get on with those at 51 but want some work doing, obviously they can't come and knock at the door but they want your phone number, but it's in 2 inch letters on a van door fifty feet away - it should be in as high/tall digits as you can get away with directly below your name/company logo...if there's any space left, then tack on a few bits and pieces about what type of work you do, maybe a web address etc...obviously if you were simply a plumber / plasterer / electrician, you just put 'F Bloggs Electrician 0151 -blah blah

Reply to
Phil L

I think the lower one is clearer. It should also save you a few quid, as it is all one colour.

I would agree for the rear. That is for someone driving behind and they want the minimum information presented very simply. They will probably only remember the web site anyway, so that should be prominent.

They can walk past the van to read it though. The side is your advert, so that should have as much information about what you do as possible. You don't want people not phoning because they want something you do but didn't put on the van.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Bottom - better contrast in a range of lighting conditions...

As Phil said, perhaps the phone number could be bigger... but your canvas is already quite full! The bullet list may work better if you cut it down to fewer points - there is a bit much there to take in quickly.

Perhaps a big contact number along the side under the rubbing strip?

e.c. :

John Rumm

nightjar They can walk past the van to read it though. The side is your advert, so

That always seems like a bit of a double edged sword... if you put loads of info on, then you create the impression it is an exhaustive list - so they don't bother asking about the one thing you can do, but could not fit on. You really need to find a way of saying - "We will usually have a stab at most things, why not ring and ask?"

Reply to
John Rumm

And "Ask driver for details" ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

_Far_ too cluttered. I want a phone number straight in my eyes.

The bottom logo is best because it has better contrast in defining the text. The first one is a blob on a van and that's about it.

Both are terrible. A commercial signwriter should be ashamed. Even web designers could do better.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Looks pretty good. I think you'll get most responses when the van is parked at a customer, so best to puts lots of information on it (as you have).

I prefer the bottom version.

Good luck

Martin

Reply to
Schrodinger's cat

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

I like both. So, no help there, then.

I suggest you fit a PA and play 'Toolbag Ted'.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If that's the one I think it is I'd get arrested. And I don't live in Birkenhead.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oddly it's dearer, something to do with printing v cutting.

Here in the Medway Towns it's traffic conditions like London. Should give the vehicles stuck behind me at the multiple sets of traffic lights something to read :-)

I may well increase the web address, good point.

My Escort is sign written and originally didn't have a list of what I could do. Almost every time people asked for a card they would then say "What do you do?"

Next time I buy business cards I'll have the reverse printed as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

(I haven't seen the logos as offline, but) I think nowadays the domain name is more important, and more memorable than the phone number. I suppose people might program the phone no. in their mobile when they see it, but I wouldn't.

After all, medwayhandyman.co.uk says what he does, where he does it, and how he can be contacted.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Me too. People often photograph vans with their phones nowadays, so the more info the better

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I can't see anything wrong with it.

well laid out, well defined logo/branding, easy to remember to find the URL. phone numbers could be a little bigger, imo, but as a layout it looks great.

Reply to
.

That's given me an idea!

If I had the web address writ large under the rubbing strip I'd have more space for the phone numbers, so they could be bigger. And I could lose the 'Tel' & 'Mob' which is stating the obvious - even more space.

Cheers

How's the fridge magnet :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The outline one at the bottom. Looks more sophisticated.

10 bullets is probably too many, but I am not sure how it could be reduced given the van shape.
Reply to
Andy Hall

Very nice thanks.... you need a really large one for the side of the van now ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Prefer the second logo typeface.

On the back doors I would keep your logo in its current location. Keep the website address where it is but expand it across the full width of the back doors. Move your phone numbers up to the top of the O/S/R door and get rid of the job list.

On the side panels I would again keep your logo where it is. Move the website address either underneath the bumpstrip (bare in mind this will be the dirtiest part of your van, especially at this time of year and will be partly obscured most of the time) or to the very top of the side panel above your logo. I only put one phone number on the driver/passenger doors of my vans (even the large transits and 7.5T) as this produces the clearest result (no need for Mob or Tele then). Your local number provides a more professional image compared to a mobile.

As mentioned elsewhere there are arguments for and against a list of jobs on the side. "No job too small" seems a little corny in my eyes.

Whilst I always love the new signwriting designs for the fleet it is worth thinking that if it looks cluttered on paper - it is, if you can't read it clearly on paper - you won't be able to at a distance when on the van.

AND when you expand your fleet you can always redesign ;-)

Reply to
screamin

Is that red thing on the rear "No tools left in this van overnight"? (If it's on the road it could be an issue to consider).

Reply to
The 1st Philosophical Handyman

like this

for obviously better quality and in a straight line :-(

Reply to
screamin