OT ish: Sticker Glue

Anyone got any idea what sort of glue is used on the back of stickers? Contact adhesive of some kind?

Reply to
Doki

The magic word is "pressure-sensitive adhesive".

Reply to
Aidan Karley

What sort of stickers? If you mean the type of thing "glued" to magazine covers or similar, it's a sort of "Cow Gum" (rubber solution).

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The sort of sticker you'd get out of a labelling machine. The sort of thing they use for prices on fruit and veg at the supermarket. Doesn't stick to the waxed paper it comes on, but sticks well to anything else to the point that you can't unstick it.

Reply to
Doki

The snag is this sort of adhesive ages and then doesn't want to come off - the same happens with masking tape which is designed to be removed without damaging paint - but it can do if left for a few weeks.

Best but expensive thing is label remover from an electronics supplier. Something like this.

Dave Plowman (News)

've got the label off, but now I want to know how to restick it. It'd be quite useful as I've got a few bits I'm restoring and being able to keep period dealer stickers etc. would be nice.

Reply to
Doki

Double sided tape?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wot about those tiny labels on apples - they edible? Millions must get eaten every day!

Reply to
Homer2911

The label is some sort of plastic, the glue is latex based, which has apparently caused a few allergy problems.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges