OT-ish: shopfitting-type shelves with centre supported shelves

Hi all I'm looking for some freestanding light duty shelving, with not much experience of what is available. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

The shelves themselves would be of size approx. 300mm deep by 2m wide, at possibly-adjustable heights. Max height will be 1.5m or so.

The 'difficult' thing is that I want the shelves to be supported in the middle of the (300mm) edges, not at the four corners. I imagine that the base would have to be in the form of an inverted tee, so the overall effect would be like that of a tubular steel clothes stand, except with shelves rather than a top rail.

I know of sites like shopfittingwarehouse.co.uk, and if it wasn't for the centre support requirement, something like this:

would probably do. But I've not been able to find anything that has the centre support. Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot Jon N

Reply to
jkn

Some variation of "Gondola" shelving, perhaps?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks for the term Andy, looks like 'gondola' will help a lot!

Cheers Jon N

Reply to
jkn