OT ish; Ring Tones

Just changed to a new Nokia which has a 'record' facility. Apparently you can record whatever you want, then use it as a ring tone! News to me - although I'm prolly the last to find out.

This opens up huge possibilities - you can have an angle grinder as a ring tone. Great!

Or an SDS drill, circular saw - anything.

Think I'm going for the SDS!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Toilet flush, swearing at hammered thumb.....the mind boggles.

Reply to
Tinkerer

I got fed up with thinking I had an SMS, when it was someone else's. Changed my SMS alert to the sound of an old fashioned klaxon.

Reply to
Bob Eager

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

I've only just found that my old SE does that - bugger, the fun I could have had with it. Handy though - it means I've now got a discrete recording device with me all the time. Just the thing.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

For an added bonus, you can probably allocate specific ringtones to known callers.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Indeed!

I have a good 'Oh, No!' for calls from work.

I stole the file from my Asterisk box's TFTP server, where it doles up configs and ring tones to my home Cisco 7940's. I think it originally came from CloneDVD or somesuch, for when a burn failed.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

I use the 'Bugger!' from Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and a Funeral, for when something fails on a PC.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Steve Walker submitted this idea :

Unless it is different from mine, you can only associate them with caller groups. Nothing to stop you having one caller per group though, but I'm not sure how many different groups you can have.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I had 'that' clip from the Apollo 13 mission for PC errors.

Ringtone on my phone is a peal of bells from Daresbury Church.

Reply to
OG

My soninlaw changed my sms rt without me knowing, to a very loud FART.wav. i now use this

Mark

In message , OG writes

Complete with white rabbit ?

Reply to
geoff

In a similar vein, I use this for the same purpose:

texts I'm afraid I use the CTU ringtone from "24" on the telly)

David

Reply to
Lobster

heh!

Reply to
OG

My current phone is like that. It took lots of working out how to allocate ring tones to users (which my previous phone (also Nokia) would do directly. Most users are now in a group of a very few. It clutters up my contacts no end.

Reply to
<me9

Angle grinder? :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

We're going to have problems with the sound of car body filler...

Reply to
Ian White

This guy can supply a few possible sound bites:

mark

You're not going for "The Pushbike Song" I take it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster saying something like:

nasty on your PC.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

My AVG did the same