OT ish Irish Lumberjack Joke

I'm sure most have heard the Irish lumberjack joke;

--------------------------------------------------------- Michael gets a job in Canada as a lumberjack. The foreman kits him out with a Stihl saw, hard hat and goggles, and explains that he has to cut down ten trees in an hour. He said this was achievable as they were not big trees.

Later the foreman goes to see how Michael is getting on.

Michael had managed to cut down four trees, and said he needed a new saw. "Dis one's no use at all at all. You gotta geez another one."

The foreman got hold of the saw, gave a pull and the saw leapt into life.

"What's that friggin noise" cried Michael

Called in to finish off a bit of kick board for a lady on my way home. When I arrived she asked me for some advice on fixing some floating shelves.

She was using 6mm hammer fixings, but had drilled 8mm holes by mistake. I sorted out some 6mm plugs & suitable screws for her & since her green Bosch drill was already plugged in, I used that with a 6mm bit.

Struggled a bit drilling the first hole, noticed it wasn't on hammer, flipped the switched over & continued drilling

She actually said "What's that funny noise"? Poor woman has had the drill for over 3 years & struggled to put up a fair amount of shelves etc - and didn't know it had a hammer action :-)

She was like a kid with a new toy once I explained it to her.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nice story, but you may have denied yourself some future work. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Maybe he has ensured future work as she will now trust him more. I work on that principle myself (computer repairs). If I show the customer how to do things within their own ability, they will always think of me first when the bigger problem occurs.

Reply to
Howard Neil

A recommendation from a happy customer is worth more than a lot of advertising.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

A good advert is seen by many, a good recommendation is seen by one or two.

Reply to
dennis

I was drilling a lot of hooes in soem wood and my friend offered to take over as I was doing it for him it's just that he's not DIY. I handed him the drill, but accidently teh foard reverse sitch got moved. he spent the next 30mins with the drill rotating the wrong way but managed to burn two holes through the wood, until I noticed something was wrong.

That's giving me some interesting imagery, a women who's just discovered hammer action on her new toy ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

A good advert is disbelieved by many. A good recommendation may be used by one or two.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Hit me with your rhythm stick.