OT(ish) - has MSN just gone for a burton?

Hi,
just lost all contact with Hotmail and MSN messenger.
http://www.msn.com is still there, as is anything else I have looked for.
Just can't sign into any Microsoft Passport stuff, or get to Hotmail.
The DIY bit?
I just installed an RJ11 extension for my ADSL link and tested it. I would like to know that it is MSN which is down, not something silly I've done to my router by unplugging and replugging.
Cheers Dave R

is ok for me - messenger working fine. through trillian, mind, but that's normally the first thing to stop workingwhen M$ change things!
cheers Richard
-- Richard Sampson
David W.E. Roberts wrote:

MS getting forgetful in their old age:-
Cheers,

John.

Ah! Oh! er...... Presumably something checks my Nildram IP address and decides I should use the 'co.uk' domain? Everything was working fine this morning. I tried using 'nslookup' on http://messenger.msn.com and got http://207.46.110.254/ but I can't connect to this either. If this is a UK thing and not just some Nildram strange happening then there are going to be some unhappy punters for the next couple of days.
Anyway, as I can talk to you the wiring etc. seems O.K.
Never simple, is it?
Cheers
Dave R

This link ( http://207.46.110.254 /) doesn't work for me, either! Have you tried going to http://www.msn.com/ and then navigating to Hotmail? This *does* work for me.
Roger

Yep - horribly slow but I can get on that way. Still no MSN messenger etc. Still no HTTP connection from OE to send/receive Hotmail mail.
No doubt it will be sorted sometime.
Thanks
Dave R
David W.E. Roberts wrote:

Lot of worms and viruses about. Internet shagged as usual (technical term)

On my system, MailWasher checks my POP and Hotmail accounts for new mail every 15 minutes - and in the past few hours it has failed to connect to Hotmail about 50% of the time.
If normal browsing and POP-based email work ok (and, of course, NewsGroup access!), I guess your router is ok - and that it's just the usual MSN problem.
Roger
David W.E. Roberts wrote:

Thats not a bug, thats a blessing.

Well if you got to here, internet is working, unless yoiu have a firewall blocking other access.

David W.E. Roberts wrote:

Good news! maube my spam will go down now..