OT-ish: book on stately home construction ?

I'm looking for info / probably a book on stately home construction. Plenty of info around on walls / staircases etc. I'm interested in floor construction with large spans, stone upper storey floors, use of iron to increase spans, etc. I cannot find any info about this on the internet, but it has always intrigued me. One example was recently on TV where the downstairs hall was called something like "the columned room". All those columns were obviously holding the vastly heavy marble floored ballroom above it. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Start here

The Natural Philosopher