OT; Is it just me?

If dinner includes mashed potatoes, I always leave some so I can have a mashed potato sandwich.

Nice piece of buttered bread, thick layer of mash, salt & black pepper. Yum!

My wife, daughters & granddaughter all think I'm weird.

Is it just me then?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yup.

Dripping sandwiches I remember, but mashed spud ones, no.

Reply to
Davey

Errmm....I think it might just be you...but now you mention it, it might weell be worth trying.

Can't help feeling the potato should be fried (a la bubble and squeak) and festooned in brown sauce for a true cordon bleu outcome though....

Reply to
GMM

What a sophisticated palette you must have :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Chips and custard as well is it? I'm not sure about that. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well it's not me. I do not like potatoes.

Reply to
ARW

You are getting there...

The bread should be toasted [1]. And only forms the base - a sort-of Danish sandwich version.

The mash should be fried - ideally in some fat that includes bacon sometime in its history. And it must be crowned with egg yolk, gently fried - nice and warm but still almost 100% runny. Or egg yolks...

Finish off with a good grind of black pepper.

[1] The right sort of crust could be used without toasting.
Reply to
polygonum

How fat are you now?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We eat diet potatoes....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cold lasagne sandwiches are also very tasty.

Reply to
Bert Coules

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

doesn't really appeal to me - though i like cold mashed potatoe with some brown sauce mixed in.

We a;lways do extra backed pots so we can cut up and saute for breakfast /lunch

Reply to
chris French

Whatever turns you on. WIWAL my next-door neighbours were addicted to HP sauce sandwiches. My wife likes sugar sandwiches and my brother mashes a banana with condensed milk on brown bread. I love black treacle sarnies myself.

Reply to
Bob Martin

My wife goes a bundle on chip sandwich, can't say it ever appealed to me!

Reply to
Broadback

Now you're talking. Chip butties. Yum. :-)

Reply to
John Williamson

I like to dip a banana in the strawberry jam pot ... Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

(thats not a euphemism !) Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Is that a euphemism?

Reply to
Bob Henson

Bugger - I should have read on a bit before replying :-)

Reply to
Bob Henson

Oh, surely....?

Reply to
Davey

I worked with a guy who liked black pudding dipped in yoghurt.

Reply to
Huge