OT Indian Postal Service

I received a postcard yesterday from India. Posted on the 25th October.

A pity my friend had only gone for three weeks as she phoned me last night from home to tell me about her holiday:-)

Reply to
ARW

Nothing new there though how do you know its at the Indian end? I used to find back in the 80s that letters from India were pretty fast, but any goods I sent back got mysteriously lost. In the end a number of us who sent stuff to India found the problem was often at ports and airports, and letting an airline person post the goods actually in India solved most of the problems. I wonder if its still the same these days?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , ARW writes

Think yourself lucky

when I posted 50 "xmas" cards from Kathmandu, about 10 of them actually arrived home - that's about the number I stood and watched him frank

Reply to
geoff

For all our grumbles about the UK postal system, it does mostly work, and has very little dishonesty/theft.

I was mildly shocked when I discovered the level of dishonesty/theft in both the Bermuda postal service and their customs inspections.

Reply to
dom

has very little dishonesty/theft.

oth the Bermuda postal service and their customs inspections.

I sent a cheque for =A3400 to my bank that was intercepted and changed to =A31400 and paid into someone else's account. I don't know if that was the PO or someone at my bank. It was marked payee only and you would think the money laundering rules would make it hard to open an account with my name elsewhere.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" writes

You have never posted small packages to Brighton?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

very little dishonesty/theft.

The rate of which rockets with the temporary staff at Xmas. In some circles it's regarded as a golden opportunity to get in for the nicking.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon