OT: identify insect

Yes this probably should go to a more appropriate group but this is the one I subscribe to.

Anyway, unidentified flying object visits the Geranium in my window box at least twice a day. Beige hairy body, high speed wings and long snout:

Reply to
DJC

Hummingbird Hawk moth?

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's what I was going to suggest.

Reply to
Huge

Both of yuz beat me to it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

+1 Worth looking for caterpillars at the appropriate time, all hawk moth caterpillars are impressive !
Reply to
Robert

They can certainly nosh fuchsias right down to the stalks in double-quick time :-(

Reply to
Andy Burns

Natural History Museum in London were helpful to me a few years ago, to identify a plague of carpet beetles lying dead on the window sills of my house. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff