OT I suspect, is my microwave about to die

Legal considerations preclude the answering of that question

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So, you too learned the hard and painful way.

Reply to
Richard

Always :-)

Freudian slip.

It's rather odd how the wisdom of age - the fruits of bitter experience

- is always misunderstood by the young who think that all things are possible, especially if they read it in a well crafted glossy advert.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sounds like a dodgy light switch to me. Many have just a small extra switch for that part so could be nothing to do with the guts. If it were the same switch as the machine it would be doing the same with the magnetron as well.

No its not a loose bulb as if that were the case it would stay off when the door was open.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

snip

60 & 100w rarely do, but 15 & 25w much more often do. If you look at the filament path its evident why. Also the low power lamps have floppy filaments.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

My first uW was a Plustron and it had two lamps. One lit up when the machine was cooking, and the other lit up only when the door was open.

Reply to
Graham.

Thanks.

Best laugh I've had since I saw how the urinals had been fitted in a Liverpool Police Station.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

(microwave bulbs cf motor car bulbs)

I didn't know my microwave oven had a panel light until the heating engineer came to fix the boiler a couple of weeks ago. I was out, so he let himself in. I was out, so I'm guessing that he humped the stuff out of the way of the boiler rather more roughly than he might have done, had I been there. Next time I used the microwave and every time after that, the front panel glowed magnificently in use. It's not as though it's a new microwave oven, either: it was second-hand when I bought it round about 1987.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

As I was cleaning my company car prior to it being sent to auction, I found a little glove-box on the drivers side that I didn't know was there.

Reply to
Graham.

What do you do if you only want a light meal then ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

eat a garlic bulb

Reply to