OT: I have too many books

Only 2 shelves cleared so far and it's already taken three removal boxes...

I still have another 14 to go....and three of them are double loaded...

Reply to
Beelzebub

So, can I interest you in these here ebooks? Light as you like...

Reply to
Christofire

There is no such thing as too many books.

Though thinking about it, how much weight will a normal upstairs floor take?

Is there a stock answer to this one or a formula that gives a weight figure based on the strength of the joists and floor boards?

The books are round the edges up against the wall, so the load is not spread evenly.

I have quite a few on this computer, academic stuff for research rather than novels. I think a novel read on screen would give me an inferior reading experience to the real book.

Reply to
Lady Nina

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lady Nina saying something like:

Can't remember offhand, but someone over there will know ->

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon