OT I have found someone dafter than an electrical apprentice

Pray silence for my Mum's hairdresser.

She has just taken her dog to the vets for a check up after finding it had 6 "warts" on it's chest.

Reply to
ARW

What is so very wrong with doing that?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I have just found someone dafter than my Mum's hairdresser.

Reply to
ARW

No different to your wife going to the doctor through being unable to discern the difference between breasts and warts.

Its the sort of question one would expect where husband and wife are first cousins! Is this a Northern life-style feature?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Does your wife have six breasts?

Reply to
ARW

I suppose if the dog's called Rex and she never looked too closely in the past ...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

There's going to be a lot of 'normal for Norfolk' comments I think

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, but Eccentrica Gallumbits got halfway there.

Reply to
Bob Eager

ARW scribbled

When the vet explained, did she feel a tit?

Reply to
Jonno

She had two, but that was a long time ago!

Reply to
Fredxxx

In article , ARW writes

LOL

Reply to
bert

When did she grow the last four?

Reply to
ARW

Cocking a leg or squatting activity save looking for dangly bits.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

On 07 Sep 2015, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com grunted:

Genuine question - don't male dogs have nipples too, like male humans?

Reply to
Lobster

I was thinking that, too.

I've never understood why male animals have evolved to have nipples.

Reply to
NY

The question is not of them having evolved to have nipples, rather that all members of the species have them, just that in males they are not activated.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes, in various numbers.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Nipples are formed in the womb on the sexually undifferentiated zygote, which later turns into a sexually differentiated foetus through development of the XY chromasomes.

Or it's because God wanted men to wear nipple rings.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , NY writes

IIRC they do, but not as obvious as human ones.

they didn't evolve to have them, they are there by default, as we have the same body plan whether male of female.

IIRC (developmental biology was a long time ago), the foetus is essentially female up until about 2 months, whatever the chromosomes.

If the foetus has a Y chromosome, hormones then influence development of male characteristics - , otherwise the foetus continues development as a female.. so the male continues to have nipples, but doesn't develop mammary tissue (obvious breasts in humans, but not all mammals).

Nipples don't cause a problem for males, and so there is no selection pressure against having nipples.

And it is why if men receive the right hormones/drugs they can grow breasts, as the tissue still has the potential to develop, given the right conditions

Reply to
Chris French

Well adam and eve had nipples (according to the pictures)so does that mean God had them too ?

Reply to
whisky-dave