[OT] I hate CityLink

Or ShittyLink as I prefer to call them...

Stupid dobbers have sent my new printer to a depot around Glasgow. Because it's easily confused with "Ashford Depot".

*sigh*
Reply to
Tim Watts

All couriers are shit. All that varies is in which ways, what times of year and circumstance.

For example, Parcel Force are excellent here, except when Fred's on holiday, in which case they're utterly useless. FedEx are consistently useless - never managed to deliver anything here.

Reply to
Huge

You're lucky.

They sent my loudspeakers to a recycling plant.

I did get them eventually but I'm fearful how close they came to being crushed before I'd even seen them.

And my helpful postman has been replaced this week by an orang-utan who thinks that throwing stuff on the floor constitutes delivery. I hope he's not bringing my new telly next week ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Friday 04 January 2013 17:40 Owain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I bow to your now raised bar |-o

You need to post some deer urine to yourself...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Dyslexic dispatchers on the loose, warning warning! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I had a mega argument with a carrier driver who did not believe i was blind and insisted on my sighning a bit of glass thingy without touching it to get an idea what I was doing. Prat.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On Friday 04 January 2013 18:23 Brian Gaff wrote in uk.d-i-y:

At least the bastards should give me a job, being qualified an all that...

Reply to
Tim Watts

You should have stabbed him in the eye with the pen

Reply to
ARW

In message , Tim Watts writes

That's reasonably close as intergalactic distances go

Reply to
geoff

It's an easy mistake to make if the word 'shithole' is in the handler's mind.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Given the uselessness and attitude of the people at the Ashford depot (personal experience), i'd hazard a guess that it got to Ashford, and THEY decided to send it to Glasgow just because they could.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Saturday 05 January 2013 16:26 Grimly Curmudgeon wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Hehe - yes... Now I see the confusion...

Reply to
Tim Watts

That's the story I've been told about Royal Mail in Southend on Sea where mail go backwards and forwards to Chelmsford multiple times to "prove a point" about centralised sorting. Some items take a few days to be delivered and some take weeks.

Reply to
alan

They deserve to be privatised & made redundant, then.

Reply to
Huge

And then become as efficient as City Link? ;-)

This sort of story should be treated with caution.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That may be so, but I have first hand experience of similar problems round here.

Our delivery office (half a mile away) was closed. All incoming mail is now sorted in Medway (30 odd miles away) and then sent to Canterbury (8 miles away) to the 'new ' delivery office. The posties then drive a fleet of vans to Herne Bay (here) and deliver the mail. We're lucky if we get it by 3 p.m.

Outgoing mail is taken to Canterbury, then to Medway. Then sorted...and then as above.

Collections of undelivered mail take a 20-30 minute drive (it's a heavy traffic area). Then there is nowhere to park. Then the staffing/ facilities are so inadequate that there are frequently queues out onto the pavement (wonderful in bad weather) and there is a wait of up to an HOUR.

This will get worse when the Whitstable office is closed and they will also be forced to go to Canterbury.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Sunday 06 January 2013 11:25 Bob Eager wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Ow. You would think Canterbury qualified for a *sorting* office???

Reply to
Tim Watts

It's probably all to do with costs.

You put your "grunt" work in locations where property costs are lower and more people are willing to work for minimum wage.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Medway is certainly a lot cheaper, I expect. OTOH, the unions probably normalise the wages.

Reply to
Bob Eager