OT I am the luckiest bloke in the world

I do have standards. Granted they are very low but I still have them.

Reply to
ARW

I can't believe you said that. You just have to be baiting.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Anywhere apart for the great shithole of London.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Covent Garden is very fancy.

But I agree about most of the stuff to the south of the river.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I was a TYG.

Reply to
ARW

I love working in London. It's a brilliant city.

FFS the French have Paris.

Reply to
ARW

+1.
Reply to
Bob Eager

They were talking about a jam on the Borchester bypass just the other day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're right beside the New Covent Garden Market there which opens very early so I'd guess there would be several greasy spoons open. Probably some pubs too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, but that would hav ebeen made by the W.I.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Tim Streater spake thus:

Is that Radio 4, but an hour later?

Reply to
Scion

Scion :

That's one of the things I hate about DAB.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Is it on DAB?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Didn't Paul daniels, say "You'll like this...not a lot, but you'll like it" or was he talking aboput someone/something else :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

And more importantly at that time in the morning there may be some free or non resident only parking available. Thanks for that one.

I never had this problem in North London (Enfield to Tottenham areas) with the cafes. There was always a Greek bloke opening a proper cafe at 5.30am.

And despite what Mr Pounder says the staff were always polite. If the cafe owner knew you were a tradesman working down there for the week they would give you free refils of tea or coffee as they knew they would have your business every day for the rest of week. Dunno what the actual cost of giving a cup of tea away is in a cafe, but I bet it is pennies. Do it with a smile and a chat as you give it away and you may sell an extra 20 full breakfasts to a team of 5 workers plus the sandwiches at dinner time.

Reply to
ARW

I had a lot of very unpleasant experiences working in London. I went there with an open mind and came away detesting everything about the south. (Apart from one gentleman and his wife). I did not have the time to sit in cafes. I bought bottled water to avoid drinking their filthy stuff. Take a look in the inside of an electric kettle and you will see what I mean. I've been all over this country and I know where I am better off.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

We don't take kindly to bisexuals here. Cause too much confusion.

You look in the kettles in a cafe? No wonder they thought you mad. But it's only limestone. Very good for the health, actually.

Yet another successfully put off London.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I bet those are silver greasy spoons going by the prices in covent garden.

One near me, roma cafe it was in the news recently after some killed another because he asked if his crying son was ok.

Well teh south isn;t all london.

yes I see what's been removed, I filtere my cold water too, I live in east London. I don;t really buy bottled water due to enviomental reasons it's very costly to the enviroment shipping all that water about.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The mind boggles...

It's a bit of hard water you wibbler.

I'm not a fan of London (despite being born there) and I'd rate York more, but there's plenty of places I'd rather not be...

Reply to
Tim Watts

London water should be fine, its been strained through loads of kidneys by the time it comes out of the tap.

Reply to
dennis