OT: HowDo You Record Different Sound & Video

I know this is off topic, but really this is the best newsgroup to ask on because you are all such clever people.

A friend who has a combi TV (TV with built in VHS) decided to record a programme off Ch4.

When he played it back, he got the video of Ch4 with the sound of ITV1.

I must admit, when he was telling me I was drinking a cup of tea at the time and, well you can guess the rest.

James

Reply to
the_constructor

You then moved on to drinking hard stuff????

Reply to
Adrian C

No, that had already been poured into the TV

.. hence the problem

Reply to
geoff

Sounds like a recording fault in the VCR mechanism - It's not erasing the sound from a previous recording.

Or the set's internal audio switching is faulty and ITV1 was coming live off air from somewhere. Set-top box plugged in the back?

Reply to
Adrian C

It tasted of your neighbour's coffee?

Reply to
Lino expert

Aliens. Fashion alluminium foil hats immediately.

The Medway Handyman