OT: How to Storing Clothes in the Loft

(Apologies if this is a bit off topic - I couldn't find anywhere better to post it).

I want to store some clothes up in my loft . It has an old-ish (ie

1912) tiled roof and the (covered) water tank in it. It gets pretty cold up there in winter & very hot in summer. The floor is boarded in places and insulated all over.

I'm looking for advice about how to store the clothes up there. Someone suggested those vacuum packs, but I don't know if they work in the long term. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Michael

Reply to
michaeld121

The message from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com contains these words:

I've had one stay compressed for over a year.

They do crease the contents quite a bit though.

Reply to
Guy King

Have you thought about airtight storage bins from office suppliers such as Staples? Probably won't crease the clothes as much - this is what I'm planning to do with some of my old stuff (books, magazines etc.)

Reply to
nonymouse

It's worth checking them after a month or so - if you've got a bit of lint caught in the zip or a pinhole in the plastic they'll leak very slowly. If you've got access to a supply of them a few packs of desssicant in there wouldn't hurt.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Thanks for the advice - I'd been thinking about trying some dessicant. Do you know where I could get hold of some?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
michaeld121

I know you can get it from RS (e.g. part no. 601-057), CPC might do it as well.

Reply to
Chris Hodges