OT How to live forever

And Dawn Page is a classic example of brain damage from excess water.

I was actually joking about which type of water rather than seriously asking.

Reply to
polygonum

Funny that, I always think of Leah Betts.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

And will anyone on this newsgroup other than me admit that they have used illegal drugs?

Reply to
ARW

FX: Waves.

I even inhaled. Didn't like it much, though.

Reply to
Huge

No just pointing out that un-laquered brass light switches would be cheaper and longer lasting than silver plated ones. The plating would wear off pretty quickly probably down to the underlying brass... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

but that would be illegal. ISTR about 50% of teenagers saying they'd tried some. Maybe it explains some of the dodgy diy out there.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

012 1:03:37 PM UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:

One would think she'd give up when she started to feel ill.

Reply to
harry

1:03:37 PM UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Unfortunately there is widespread belief that feeling bad is a part of the cure. If you detox,the "tox" comes out and can make you feel bad. If you are managing to kill off bad bugs, they die, and the dead bugs make you feel bad. If you get raging diarrhoea, you are getting rid of bad things so it is good. If you "take the waters" and they make your eyes water and you vomit, well that's good as well.

There may be a grain of truth in some of these, in some circumstances. And there are certainly some conventional treatments that have the same worse-before-better trajectory - chemo?

Whatever the level of truth, some people will go too far.

And in the Dawn Page story, IIRC, she contacted the "therapist" who told her to carry on.

Reply to
polygonum

I haven't!

Just lucky perhaps or just pig headed enough not to join.

I cycled to school so avoided the school bus crowd. At 15 I was spending my pocket money on shotgun cartridges.

In further education, engineering did not attract many drug users although one reject from an HND course had some impressive chicken tracks.

Now I am just a boring old fart:-)

Happy Christmas

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The amusing one was the missive we had around at work referring to "controlled substances". That includes prescription-only medicines.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Nothing more than two or three drags on a jazz rollie as it's been passed around ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Only 50%?

Reply to
ARW

I remember as a lad going the Roundhouse in Camden of a Sunday afternoon .. why you'd get to see 8 odd bands, get Newcastle brown for less than a quid .. a decent lunch and change from half a crown and all the dope smoke and more you could inhale later in the auditorium free of charge;!..

So by that token I suppose yes;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

John Rumm

Never even had a puff on a normal ciggie - growing up with a parent smoking was enough to put me off that one for life!

I think we had once girl who quit due to getting knocked up, but that was about the extent of the scandal!

Perhaps we should start a club ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Makes me think of:

John Rumm

Reply to
polygonum

In message , John Rumm writes

You joke! My family claim newsgroups are the ideal outlet for my limited social attributes.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You would never guess he was a scientist would you ;-)

(he is the brother of the film director Stephen Poliakoff BTW)

Reply to
John Rumm