OT: How to convert electricity 'units' to kilowatt hours?

My electric bill tells me the 'units' I've used but not the kilowatt hours. Is there a formula for converting units to kilowatt hours?
Thanks
Jake
Jake wrote:

1 unit = 1 kWh, about 7p
--
Grunff

Grunff
Wow! the formula couldn't be much simpler than that! Thanks...
Jake

I pay from 1st October 3.03p per kWh from Telcom Plus. I have just received their new rates with my latest bill. I have the land line telephone deal and all calls are now at local rate, that is local and national. 100 free minutes every weekend to any other Telecom Pus user.
http://tinyurl.com/4nlu
The new deals are not yet on the web site. I assume they will be there after October 1st or just before.

I wouldn't have thought a telephone line would handle a kilowatt?
--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:13:40 GMT, Jake wrote:

Very tricky to use a mathematical formula, but the regex s/units/kW\/hrs/g should do the trick. B-)
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Certainly. Take the number of units shown on the bill and multiply by 5. Add 40. Divide by 10. Subtract 4 and then double the number you have left. This will now be the number of kilowatt hours.
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (www.pumaracing.co.uk) I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

But that still works out to 1 unit = 1 kWh. Nah ! You've lost me again. Can you put it in layman's terms ? :-))
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

BigWallop wrote:

Sure.
Think of a number Add it to the number of units. Multply by three. Add nine Divede by three. Subtract 2 Subtract the number you first thought of. The answer is now one more than the KW/h. :-)

So, how do I convert that to Ounze-furlongs ?
Hugh Jampton
Jake wrote:

Multiply by one.