OT; How sad is that?

I really can't believe anyone could lead such a sad life that they would bother, but I was wrong.

Not content to launch personal attacks here, Tanner 'OP/Brian appears to be stalking me using Google Alerts.

Yesterday I joined a US based forum with a section dedicated to decking. Within 24 hrs, almost as soon as the Google Alert showed my name, he appears to have joined using the pseudonym Squared.

His very first post attacks me in exactly the same way as he has done here, the wording, style, phraseology are identical.

It's a moderated group & I've reported him, so he won't last long.

I think he needs some serious help. What a sad, bitter & twisted person he must be.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Poor chap just wants decking!

Reply to
Paul Herber

Ah but he's a real professional.... stalker. Using pro tricks like google alerts just shows how good he is. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Then stop giving him oxygen by replying to him or posting about him on here. You will never get rid of a troll by paying him attention.

Reply to
Bruce

You could always filter out anything from google groups though...

Reply to
mick

That's why the Medway Tit is kill-filed here. The fact that two trolls are slugging it out elsewhere and one is pissing and moaning here is somewhat amusing.

Reply to
Steve Firth

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

The best tool you could use is Ignorance.

Reply to
George

In article , The Medway Handyman writes

Dave, just shut the f*ck up and take your pathetic squabbles elsewhere, really, just do it.

Stick to DIY or just f*ck off.

Reply to
fred

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "George" saying something like:

Along with its sister, Brute Force.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Bit harsh that, what are mates for but to look out for each other "Fred you are dead"

Reply to
Corporal Jones

Sounds like he's in luv then....Luvs pissing you off !

Reply to
RW

In article , Corporal Jones writes

Perhaps but there's only so much, "Muuuuuum, he's hitting me" that I can take.

Reply to
fred

To be fair Fred, the post was marked OT. You didn't have to read it, knowing it wasn't DIY related.

I don't mind a good row, but its gone beyond that. Being stalked by someone using Google Alerts is an entirely different level to a minor squabble - and I'm not the protagonist here.

This guy is sick. Who will he decide to persecute & stalk next?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

But more importantly, the only person who is really bothered about it is you. Most people will take a quick squint at a new thread, but when it's two people having a flame war, most will switch off very quickly.

As I've said before, I find it sad that it happens in this particular NG.

Reply to
The Wanderer

he will only stalk and flame someone who a, responds b, seems to be bothered by it c, some one who posts that hes some sort of god handy man that cannot sharpen a drill or chisel just kill file him end of story

Reply to
Kevin

On perhaps a more positive note than before:

I can understand your frustration at what is obviously a very personal attack and stalk but the way these people work is that they score a point for every response they get with more for how much the stalkee gets wound up and for how much they try to reason with what is a very sad and lonely person.

I can give no better advice than Kevin R's latest, which is to ignore, ignore, ignore. If you do that then no points are scored and the sad little person gets bored and moves on. If you are able to rise above it then I think you will be surprised how people that value the posts your experience will gather round and give support.

If you are in a new forum and this guy tries to rubbish you there then a simple post of, "Hi people, this is a post from my rather sad usenet stalker, I find it best to ignore his deluded ramblings" explains the situation and the sad muppet is deflated.

Best way to put out a fire? Remove the fuel.

HTH

Reply to
fred

The internet has taught us that far from being unusual, abnormal psychology is in fact very common

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Exactly what I did & it seems to have worked.

Thanks Fred. Point taken.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Surely, if a particular psychology is very common, it isn't abnormal?

Reply to
Mr Fuxit