OT; How much fun can I have with this?

My father used to say it was go good kicking against the pricks because there were too many pricks.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Indeed, my we successfully appealed against a parking ticket that SWMBO got some years back.

Last Autumn we bought a new car and the dealer (a friend) took the old car which was then scrapped. A few months later we got a letter from DVLA because they didn't have it down as scrapped and there was a penalty for not taxing or having a SORN for it. some where along the line there had ben a cockup .

A letter to them got it dropped, but seeing as we hadn't followed the rules (We'd let the dealer friend take the reg document rather than filling in the relevant bits) they could probably have stuck to their guns if they ahd wanted to be arsey about it.

Reply to
chris French

Not the case Dave. You have the right as a defendant to have the hearing transferred to a court convenient to you. It's difficult for the plaintiff to avoid that.

County courts also work on "balance of evidence" rather than Old Bailey standards of proof. The court room is fairly informal and nothing to be scared of. The system is meant to assist non legal professionals to conduct their case without too much difficulty.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)