OT how long before autoteller takes money back, if you walk away?

Here's what happened: put the card in, typed in to take =A3100 out, retreive card, and then walk away, forgetting the money. The bank says the autoteller takes the money back in, but they dont know how long the cash sits there. Being the most knowledgable lot I have come across, does anyone know how long the loot tempts passers by?

Reply to
misterroy

Are you telling us the bank doesn't know how long the money stays in the fresh air? cant believe that. Expect a £100 bank witdrawl on your next statement. :-(

Reply to
George

It happened to me some time ago. Took it back while I was still standing there. I don't remember what distracted me how long it was but it was quick. Less than a minute I would guess.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

the branch does not know how long the money hangs about, and the branch does not know if the teller sucked the dosh back in, if I am lucky it will be three weeks before the money comes back.

Reply to
misterroy

A mate, as an apprentice, some 20+ years ago did exactly the same thing. Money went back into the machine that was open to a busy city street.

Dunno how long it takes, of course.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

the branch does not know how long the money hangs about, and the branch does not know if the teller sucked the dosh back in, if I am lucky it will be three weeks before the money comes back.

Someone said the machine beeps at you unitl the money is withdrawn from the mouth of the machine? did ya not realise this?

Reply to
George

the money went from the account at 12.13, that is precise, its if and when its coming back thats the problem. no camera on the teller and the one up the street might have been looking elsewhere, ts a small town so if there is video of someone taking the money he will be recoginised. As for the beebs, they'd have been more useful to mask my reaction when my wife told me what had happened...

Reply to
misterroy

I've twice been behind folk that have left the money hanging out the machine. First guy took a few steps away and then realised what he had done. The other just walked away into the chip chop with about £200 hanging out the machine. My wife had to chase after him.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Depending on the brand and model of machine, it can take anything from

30 seconds to 3 minutes. That's from a friend who services ATMs and works for a company that is one of the largest ATM manufacturers.

The money doesn't go back into the machine. It goes into a special bin for money that didn't get collected. So the employees of the organisation responsible for operating the ATM *must know* whether or not the money was uncollected.

Reply to
Bruce

We need to know how often and when you use this machine, and where exactly it is located. Also, a brief self-description would help.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit