OT: How does one report a failed medical practice?

OT: How does one report a failed practice medical practice? The details are probably not of interest here and the list rather long. Please no "what's the definition of 'failed'" - and I know google is my friend - but I'm just asking for a route that may actually work and save a lot of people a lot of distress. Thank you.

Reply to
old.bailey

Appropriate Primary Health Care Trust complaints procedure? Or your solicitor?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I think if the "failed practice medical practice" is "drug caused a serious side effect" there is a reporting mechanism that can be used to feed back to the regulator (I think it can now be used by both doctors and patients).

Reply to
Malcolm G

Andrew Lansley's [delete metaphor which is in bad taste after Lubitz] abolished Primary Care Trusts. Clinical commissioning groups are the new body which commissions most NHS services and so deals with complaints which cannot be resolved with the provider. But if the complaint is about a GP the commissioning body is NHS England*. See

*Different of course if not England.
Reply to
Robin

Yes I think its the yellow card scheme, but in such cases you might also need to contact the chief medical Officer in your area as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , old.bailey@127.0.0.1 writes

Look for your regional Health Watch Advocacy service. They advise on the process of making an official complaint. They are not lawyers and don't advise on the merits of your case.

Reply to
bert