High powered kettles & vacuum cleaners plan to ban them in EU stalls

Even if it's not being exported, AIUI.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No, they "gang up", because the item in question is in *their* interest, not in ours. The Eurozone countries have a quite different agenda to us. And good luck to them; if they want to federate, I've no problem with that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No it did not. It left the EEC, not the EU.

Reply to
Sangmo

I simply don't believe this. There are at least as many differences between countries in the EuroZone as there are between us and a EuroZone country. It's basically Torygraph twaddle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The UK is outvoted in the council of ministers (I think that's what it's called) more often than any other country - by far. I'll post a link next time I see a reference to this.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Or you could just try Googling "outvoted in the council of ministers " of course

And its not really a case of the UK being outvoted by the rest.

But more a case of the UK choosing to vote with the minority.

michael adams

michael adams

The exact reason the control freaks want out. They want to make the decisions, right or wrong. It doesn't matter. Just to be in charge.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can answer that, as when I got up this morning, the hotel's hot water was off (I''ve been working away). As I prefer not to suffer heart attacks and frostbite, I have put off today's shower, which I don't like to do, as my hair always feels greasy unless I was it every morning.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Heart attacks do not occur with cold. Or all those Russian OAPs that jump in icy lakes would be dead.

Frostbite requires your skin to freeze. You need about -15C to do that.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

They do actually, particularly when you get so cold that your blood ends up gluggy and your heart can't pump it around anymore.

They don't stay in that very cold water for long enough for it to kill them.

Reply to
Sangmo

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

They vote en bloc to protect their own common interests which arise because they share the same currency.

Reply to
bert

In article , Tim Streater writes

Except that it's then a club within a club so we're better off out.

Reply to
bert

In article , michael adams writes

So to avoid being outvoted the UK should always vote with the majority. Even by your standards that is the most stupid argument I've ever heard.

Reply to
bert

And we should all throw away our security systems, and leave our doors unlocked all the time, with signs on the doors saying "Dosh this way", etc.

That way we never get burgled - invite the scroats to help themselves. Priceless!

Reply to
Tim Streater

Firstly this only occured in 13% of cases.

Secondly, in all assemblies etc some individual, party or in this case country presents a proposal to that asembly. While some other individual party or country might represent the principal opposition to that measure in the debate, or they might table an amendment. So that even before the vote takes place everyone knows how the these three main principals are going to vote. So if they lose they've been outvoted. If its not the UK who are actually proposing a measure, being its principal opponent, or tabling any amendment then most likely none of the others will even know or even care how the UK is going to vote. The idea that the others are all ganging up on the UK and deliberately outvoting the UK simply doesn't hold water in many cases.

What's more the whole point of politics is to try and argue your case and get others on your side. If people are seriously suggesting that the UK is being bullied by a gang of "big boys" being led by a ginger-haired girl called Angela, and that they don't want to play any more but go home to mummy and it can all be like the

1950's all over again then quite frankly they don't deserve to be called British. They're just wimps.

Well its nice to see you upholding your own standards anyway Bert.

Bewilderment and incomprehension being the two biggest components from what I can see.

michael adams

michael adams