High powered kettles & vacuum cleaners plan to ban them in EU stalls

You think? How does the working time directive fit into that view?

And getting on topic, how does an upper limit on a vacuum cleaner power consumption benefit big business? They are going to have to try hard to get the same performance. And not be able to increase the price by much.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Most things bed related are.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

not in the eyes of the law. Some does become waste later, but much is waste before collection.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

They are just as likely to get that from a UK government as the EU.

What many need to be told is that if the UK leaves the EU, any goods we export to them will still need to comply with EU requirements. And of course we would no longer have any voice in the EU to point out any flaws in them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perhaps you should have read the line below...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My local one does.

The demand for old furniture (that the family doesn't want) is pretty limited. Found that out with my mum's stuff. All very good quality when new, and kept like a new pin. But just not in fashion.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did. I also read the law on it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

We already manage to do this for the rest of the world, so what's difficult about it? I see you are ignoring the comments from Stewart Rose that staying in the EU will result in lower wages for UK workers (and higher taxes). I note that the Swiss MPs are voting to withdraw their 23 year old application to join the EU this week!

Reply to
Capitol

That's a statement of the bleeding obvious. A requirement that all countries exporting to the EU have to follow.

We have no significant voice at the moment.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Ah, a bit like Iceland you mean, which withdrew its application a year or so ago. And Greenland, which actually left the EU.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If there's a two times less what's one times less? And what's -2 times less?

Reply to
bert

One times less gives you zero, AISB.

Two times more.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If a manufacturer is happy to comply with any regs anywhere, why does having to do so with EU ones make any difference?

Everyone has a crystal ball. But there are more saying the average person will be worse off if we leave the EU. If we don't, no change. So one is certain, the other not. Depends if you fancy gambling.

23 year old application to join the EU? Think that tells you something about Switzerland. ;-) But this is hardly the best time for change anyway. Just my point.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Then neither has any other country.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The point was that they came, looked, made a list, and then didn't collect the stuff on it. Twice.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Because that applies to all manufacturers in the UK, whether they export to the EU or not.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes they do. We get outvoted by the Eurozone bloc. So much for "staying inside and having influence".

Reply to
Tim Streater

Let me get this straight. Anything made in the EU, only for export to outside the EU, must always comply to EU regs? I find that very hard to believe.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's a lie with distance selling regulation alone.

Reply to
Sangmo

So all those very different countries, united only really in a single currency, gang up on the UK purely because it has its own currency? Care to explain?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)