OT: Here we go...

AS predicted.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just because he wants that doesn?t mean that he is going to get it.

Reply to
Charlie

I wonder who this is....

Doesn't matter I'll flush this shit where it belongs so it can't lie it's w ay out of a wet papper bag. :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Predicted? The UK has been saying this for months if not years. We currently contribute a lot to Europe's defence as part of NATO and we want the rest of Europe to contribute their fair share.

The UK spends 2.4% on defence while Germany and France spend less than

2% and they aren't the lowest spenders.

If you paid attention you would know this has been going on since at least 2014 in public and probably far longer behind the scenes.

Reply to
dennis

Yes along with the UK the EU should have been contributing to trident if we are in the EU to make sure there's no war in the EU then surely trident helps.

Reply to
whisky-dave

France pays for her own; Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and Italy effectively "rent" American nukes (and American fingers on the buttons) through NATO.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Then we should have done the same but the USA wanted the UK to keep trident why ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

We want our own finger on the button? The NATO ones are air-launched, obviously trident is submarine-launched.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Drivel.

harry