OT helping elderly person with their Android tablet remotely

I'm trying to get an older disabled lady I know into using the Internet after having inspired her by showing her my tablet on a Christmas visit.

The problem is she's 200 miles away so I need to be able to give her assistance remotely.

I've used Teamviewer with great success for people with PCs but I'm wondering if there's an equivalent for people who use Android tablets that anyone's tried?

Reply to
Murmansk

In message , Murmansk writes

Sorry if I've missed something, but there's a full set of Teamviewer software in the Google Play store.

Reply to
Nick

I don't know if anything has changed, but inability to take control of IOS devices (iPhone, iPad) was a major reason for me to avoid them when looking for a tablet device for an elderly person. Android certainly could be remotely controlled by several products.

Reply to
polygonum

As Nick says, Teamviewer is available for Androis and IOS. I'm not sure if it's in the free-for-personal-use category though.

Remote control is possible for /some/ devices

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Helping my elderly Mum with her iPad2 wasn't possible via Teamviewer at the time we first got it for her so would be good to find out it is possible now (although re the iPad I don't believe it is).

You can use *it* and Teamviewer to manage other / remote systems though and I have done whilst round mums on a few occasions.

Interesting to see (from Nicks reply) that some of these device can be controlled remotely via the likes of Teamviewer as I though that because of how apps were kept 'separate on iOS and Android was why it wasn't possible. (But I haven't really tried since first getting the iPad for mum and the Archos for myself).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m