[OT] Help with Yahoo groups

Right in the middle of switching ISP from Demon to Zen.

My new Zen account went live yesterday, although Demon was not switched off until earlier this morning. Got almost everything up and running now, except Yahoo Groups. I seem to be able to receive messages to Yahoo Groups, but not post, and I wonder if that is because Yahoo expect my messages to come from a Demon address, but they are now coming from a Zen address. Should that be the case, how to I change the address Yahoo expect to see? Probably at the Yahoo end, rather than locally, but, having read a million Yahoo help pages, I am no further forward.

Someone else must have experienced this problem! Doubtless something trivial, but I can't find it.

Thanks,

Reply to
News

Yahoo groups don't give a monkey's which ISP you're signing in from, they only care about your email address and password.

If your email address was tied to Demon, slap yourself about the face and say to yourself "I will never tie my email address to an ISP ever again".

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In message , News writes

Yes, Yahoo Groups will only accept emails coming from an address it has for you.

If you have now changed your address, you will have to change the address Yahho Groups has for you.

Login to the Yahoo Groups website.

On Left Hand Side of screen down towards the bottom, click 'All my Groups' link.

On that page, up near top, click Email Preferences

You can then add a new address on that page (and I think you might have to verify it)

Once you have added the new email address, if you have more than one, you can then click on the Manage my Groups link, where you can then assign an email address to particular groups.

Reply to
Chris French

Agreed.

Found the problem eventually. I am subscribed to far too many Yahoo groups, most of which are quiet if not deceased. They have been subscribed to over a lot of years, and I had forgotten that not all use the same sender address. I was looking at from addresses which are all my own domains, not Demon. However, some of the earlier subscriptions still showed sender as the Demon address.

Reply to
News

In message , Chris French writes

Now sorted, I think, although I have added the Zen address to Yahoo.

Although I have about a dozen addresses listed with Yahoo, all messages from Yahoo come to the same address, but that is fine as Turnpike happily sorts and threads them perfectly.

Thanks to Tim and Chris.

Reply to
News