OT: help understanding "new" technology

Big snag is a lot of these things go back to whether you'd had some interest in them all your life - so updating then becomes fairly easy. If you've not had any interest until now learning becomes a very steep curve.

I'll give an example. Some years ago I was involved in interviewing applicants for sound jobs in TV. One little practical test was giving them a cassette recorder, power amplifier and speaker with all the necessary leads to connect them - and a few 'spares'. You might be amazed how many couldn't even make an attempt at that test.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, mostly true, but how many readers want to get into all that. Most of us will keep a large external drive for the 6 years anyway, making i somewhat moot.

FWIW factory testing doesnt eliminate the infant mortality tail of the bathtub, it only reduces it.

You can only get that by mismanaging the figures, its not genuinely true.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I can't see how you've 'followed' this group for 10 years and not picked up on many of the very things you're asking about.

But anyway I've given you such advice for many of the things you're asking about - use Google. You can surely differentiate between an advertising site and one which gives advice?

Why are people who want something for nothing often so rude?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember John Rumm saying something like:

Fuck off with your lecture.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Plonk!