OT Heights and an apprentice with balls of steel

Yes, another post about heights:-)

We needed to run a cable down a cable tray. I'll guess at 6.5m high and 30m long

We had the 3 cherry pickers and and all the lads needed to to the job and the the apprentice said "I might as well just walk down the cable tray whilst you feed me the cable, it will be much quicker".

And he did. And it was much quicker.

He also sang and danced to "Do the loco-motion" while walking the cable in.

I am taking the camera tomorrow. I bet he cannot do it with the 95mm 4 core SWA we also need to lay in the tray. He only pulled down a single 95mm earth cable down today.

I was crapping myself just standing on the grider next to the cable tray whilst feeding him the cable.

The HGV driver that was parked below us called him "mad".

Reply to
ARWadsworth

What will happen to whoevers in charge if hes not appropriately disciplined/retrained and it goes wrong.

NT

Reply to
NT

What could go wrong? The worst that could happen is that he got the lyrics or a dance move wrong.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Not sure you're taking this apprenticeship thing seriously ! ;-)

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

I'll try to get a video tomorrow.

See if he will do a YMCA on the cable tray.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Adopt the American approach. A farmer once shot an intruder and went out to find them lying on the patio screaming. The would be thief shouted at the farmer to call an ambulance and a lawyer as he wanted to sue the pants off him. The farmer looked at him, nodded, went inside and came back a short time later. "Did you call the lawyer?" said the miscreant. "Nope" said the farmer. Did you call the ambulance then" was the next cry. "Nope" was the response. "What the &%&^$ were you doing then?". "Getting a reload" said the farmer quietly.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I trust the tray had nothing "live" in it? One of my metallurgist colleagues had the misfortune to have to investigate the cause and results of someone who had walked on a cable tray carrying something like a 6 kV power cable, which then failed. I don't think I could be a pathologist.

Reply to
newshound

Well, it's the day after tomorrow. Where's the video, or is it all just your usual made up bullshit?

Reply to
Richard