[OT] Hatton Garden arrests

According to Inspector Knacker, 7 white males, aged between 48 and 75 have been arrested.

Wow - the "Geriatric Gang" strikes again...

I'd like to think I could knock off a serious vault when I was 75, but I would not even be able to get through that hole!

What surprises me is why they are not all in South America by a month ago...

Reply to
Tim Watts

With the collapse in British manufacturing, there's no nowhere to melt the stuff down into Eiffel Tower paper-weights.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Sounds like a uk.d-i-y team event...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

This quote from the BBC is better

"a relative of a victim said finding some of the haul could actually make things worse for those affected, as it could delay insurance pay-outs"

ARW

And where were you, on or around the 7th April of this year?

Anyway, we know it wasn't you - wouldn't need 7 blokes for a start ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

A number of people commented that it was an old fashioned crime that you didn't usually see today.

Reply to
Nightjar

It could also make it worse for anybody who would rather the Police didn't know what they had in their box.

Reply to
Nightjar

It really seems to have so many of the classic 80s "caper" movie stereotypes in it that I wonder if they planned it all with the idea of being immortalised in film like the Great Train Robbers?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I'm sure that thought has crossed Insp Knacker's mind too...

If the crims are in England in custody and are now identified, I really would not want to be them now that they've pissed off several other people.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Apart from the bit about forgetting to bugger off to South America.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Well, plod are complaining that they've been compared to the Ketstone Kops!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Keystone...

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , Nick Odell writes

More like The Italian Job, without the Minis :-)

Reply to
News

I said, a week afterwards, when the details of the drill and the nicknames for the crims were reported: "This'll be a film in a couple of years..."

Probably involving Sean Connery and Brad Pitt.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I thought Ketone read better...or Ketamine...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Which may have been part of the plan to start with. Most coppers today wouldn't have any idea of how to deal with a crime like this. Now if the robbers had insulted someone of no note on Facebook, they'd have been all over it.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

They have already admitted that they failed to follow their protocol on alarms.

Reply to
newshound

Lovely people, the Adams family, and much maligned in the press.

Reply to
GB

A few years ago, someone burgled a local restaurant. They obviously didn't know it was owned by a member of the Kray family.

Actually, SWMBO's mum (who is downstairs right now) knew Mrs Kray. SWMBO says it was a very safe area to live (in Tottenham) because of the 'not on our manor' bit. Safe unless you were in a rival gang of course.

Reply to
Bob Eager

London where every scaffolding is festooned with alarm signs and fencing, saw one scaffold in a nice square, no alarms or netting, just a small sign "Protected by Adams Security" and a mobile number...

The power of reputation.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby