OT: Handyman Stats;

The difficulty in choosing any courier is that most are franchise operations and hence can vary wildly in quality depending on area. Here City link and Amtrak are first rate, and parcel farce variable....

Reply to
John Rumm

The landlord of our office building runs a textile warehouse.

I went in to see him once and he was almost in tears ...

"I've told 'em, if better told 'em, Ive begged of 'em, and told them again ... Not to use parcelforce."

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Well I sell mushroom air vents, so some of them are probably very small.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Citylink? Don't make me laugh. They are close to the bottom of the heap due to extended delivery times, no idea on how to read a clock and just a general bad attitude - in many ways similar to UPS where the local bloke never sings as in the advert but instead swears like a trooper and stinks of stale sweat. Fedex who have a habit of delivering only part shipments are just plain crap and finally Amtrak, who regularly just dump parcels outside our premises in all weathers and don't get them signed for despite plenty of people being around. Parcelforce used to be very good, then over the past couple of years they have become close to useless with a whole heap of things simply going missing, their insurance scheme is a joke. But I think things are gradually improving.

A private courier, almost a one man band that delivers refrigerated stock (composites and resins) to us on a regular basis is far and away the best of the bunch, regularly arriving on time, with a call an hour ahead to confirm. He, along with the DHL girl, always get a hot/cold drink and a sticky bun.

DHL? well it might just be local but DHL are the best by a long way of the national carriers but only when the regular driver is doing the rounds (although productivity drops as she is a bit of a stunner) the rest of the time DHL are just as bad as the rest.

Reply to
Matt

"nightjar .me.uk>"

I didn't know mushrooms needed venting!