OT Gridwatch - buggette

And the settings -> privacy changes you made now need to be revisited.

En el artículo , F escribió:

Of course. And successive minor updates (which you won't know about, because they're automatic and happen in the background) will whittle away at the privacy settings, so you'll need to keep going back again and again to reset them.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Or just run an operating system which *you* control.

Reply to
Huge

Build 10586, aka Version 1511, aka Threshold 2, aka Fall Update

It'll be phased-in for people over a few weeks I should imagine, if you run "winver" and see Build 10240, you're still on the RTM version.

Reply to
Andy Burns

These may be of interest:

Richard

Well yes. There is a lot more choice over what to enable and disable, the settings I had are still the same as before the update.

Reply to
dennis

Not everyone can write their own. You don't have control over any of the ones you can download or buy.

Reply to
dennis

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

:) Bad lad.

Mint with MATE looks quite like XP and seems to be easy for novices to get used to. You might want to try that first.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I knew that announcement had been made on Thursday 12/11.

I knew I hadn't received any updates on 12 or 13/11.

But dennis said "yesterday" on 14/11 and I made the mistake of thinking a major release had actually arrived on Friday 13 and should be visible.

*Now*, however, I can get the update you referred to Andy, thanks.
Reply to
polygonum