OT: Green marks on shower Reloaded

We have a Gainsborough shower about 6.5 years old. Not electric. Plastic "chrome" pole to which the tube and shower head are attached. I've recently noticed green deposits on the pole and shower head. Like water marks, but green. They clean off easily enough, but I can't understand why they are green. Anybody got any ideas about the green stuff and how to prevent it? The ventilation is okay and this green stuff is a recent occurrence.

Some of you may recall this posting of 25/2/15. Thanks to those who made suggestions. I contacted Gainsborough who said that they had never heard of this before and went on to suggest screws and seals "disintegrating". In other words they did not know. They then asked me what I cleaned the shower with. I said ordinary bathroom cleaner, Mr Muscle or similar. Their "we gotta tell this guy something" reply is below. I won't push them any further as I came across the manual for the shower, and there is no mention of not using bathroom cleaner on it.

Hi Stephen,

We normally recommend not to use harmful chemicals like mr muscle as this can have an affect on the chrome. This could be what's caused the rail and head to what it has.

Customer Services Gainsborough Bathroom Products Ltd The Flyers Way Westerham Kent TN16 1DE

+44 (0) 1959 560760

Registered in England & Wales Registration Number 05221544

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Iow 'don't be thinking you're having any freebies cos it's your fault" :)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK