OT Great Story.

Hi All

A bit off topic but...............

Apparently true story from my daughter who is a EMT2 with London Ambulance.

WPC driving a panda car is involved in a RTA, her panda badly damaged. Two coppers arrive in a patrol car, remove her from the wrecked panda and sit her in the back of their patrol car to keep warm while they sort things out.

Paramedic arrives and gives coppers a serious bollocking for moving the WPC - who could have had neck or spinal injuries.

Paramedic then examines WPC and decides that she could well have neck or spinal injuries. He tells the police that the only safe way to remove her is on a spinal board with a neck brace - and the only way to do that - is to remove the roof of the police car!

Police protest loudly, but in these cases the paramedics word is final, so the fire brigade (trying not to laugh) cut the roof off of a nearly new undamaged patrol car!

Anyone want a police cabriolet?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I read about a similar thing about a year ago, however it didn't involve the police - it was with members of the public - I recall that the car whose roof was removed was only a few weeks old - maybe this was the same incident!

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

| david lang wrote: | > Hi All | >

| > A bit off topic but............... | >

| > Apparently true story from my daughter who is a EMT2 with London | > Ambulance. | > WPC driving a panda car is involved in a RTA, her panda badly | > damaged. Two coppers arrive in a patrol car, remove her from the | > wrecked panda and sit her in the back of their patrol car to keep | > warm while they sort things out. | > Paramedic arrives and gives coppers a serious bollocking for moving | > the WPC - who could have had neck or spinal injuries. | >

| > Paramedic then examines WPC and decides that she could well have neck | > or spinal injuries. He tells the police that the only safe way to | > remove her is on a spinal board with a neck brace - and the only way | > to do that - is to remove the roof of the police car! | >

| > Police protest loudly, but in these cases the paramedics word is | > final, so the fire brigade (trying not to laugh) cut the roof off of | > a nearly new undamaged patrol car! | >

| > Anyone want a police cabriolet? | >

| > Dave |=20 | I read about a similar thing about a year ago, however it didn't = involve the=20 | police - it was with members of the public - I recall that the car = whose=20 | roof was removed was only a few weeks old - maybe this was the same=20 | incident!

More likely an urban legend, like "the elephant and the mini".

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Register your mobile phone=20 IMEI *free* on

Keep the username and password. =20 If it gets stolen report it your provider to get it blocked. To hopefully get it back report on
or 08701 123 123.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Apparently not.....

This happened a couple of months ago out here in Suffolk - member of public was the one sat in the back of the police car after a minor RTA

- and, to make matters worse, the police car in question was less than a month old. Reported in the local papers, also by a close friend who is a civvy working with the police !

Adrian Suffolk UK ======return email munged================= take out the papers and the trash to reply

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall